Current University Committees
- Elected – University Forum, at large representative. Shippensburg University, Fall 2014 – present.
- Appointed – Center for Faculty Excellence in Scholarship and Teaching – Grants, Shippensburg University, 2014 – present.
- Appointed – Provost’s Grants Task Force 2.0, co-chair (with Chris Wonders). Shippensburg University, Spring 2014 – present.
- Technical representative – Shippensburg University’s participation in the Chesapeake Watershed Cooperative Ecosystems Studies Unit (CESU) since SU entered the CESU in 2012. I was also the lead on the proposal to join the CESU.
- Department Internship Coordinator and Supervisor. Geography-Earth Science, Shippensburg University. Summer 2007 – present.
- Departmental Professional Affairs Committee. Department of Geography-Earth Science. Shippensburg University. 2007-present.
- Initiated (Spring 2009) and manage departmental Facebook site to better communicate with current students and alumni. Internship and job opportunities, department events and activities, websites, alumni accomplishments, etc. are posted here. Our Facebook page has 1000+ followers: https://www.facebook.com/ShipGeoESS
- Initiated (Spring 2009) and co-manage (with Christopher Woltemade) an annual departmental photo contest to highlight the experiences of students and faculty in the field. Photos are displayed in Shearer Hall, on our website, and on our Facebook page.
Professional Service and Memberships
- Book Review Editor, Material Culture, the journal of the Pioneer America Society (now International Society for Landscapes, Place and Material Culture (ISLPMC))
- Member, Association of American Geographers (AAG) and Middle States Division of the AAG
- Member, The American Geographical Society (AGS)
- Member, Pioneer America Society (PAS) (now International Society for Landscapes, Place and Material Culture (ISLPMC))