At home, the animal to human ratio is about 3:1 and my husband and I enjoy spending time with our 3 dogs and 3 cats. We also maintain a pond of goldfish and two honeybee hives. When I’m not getting chewed on, scratched, or stung, I enjoy cycling, motorcycling, running, and hiking. I am also a proud member of Shippensburg’s Rotary Club. Here’s a few of my favorite things:
- Pennsylvania has fantastic state park and state forest systems, great for mountain biking, hiking with the dogs, and swimming.
- Love to get out on my road bike with the Franklin County Cyclists.
- My favorite Rotary service project: Furry Fun Days, Shippensburg’s annual dog festival. A great fundraiser for local shelters and a fun community event.
- Once a month I do water sampling on the Antietam Creek as a volunteer water monitor for the Antietam Watershed Association.
- My bee hives are on scales so that I can contribute hive weight data to NASA’s HoneyBeeNet.